Wednesday, May 4, Noon
Papa Bear’s Restaurant & Lounge
Monthly Membership Meeting
Wednesday, May 31, Noon
Speaker: Hal Blanton
The Morton, Washington Chamber of Commerce is an energetic group of local individuals and business leaders working toward a common goal of creating a growing and vibrant business community in Morton and the greater Lewis County region.
- Promote the development of a viable multi-faceted Chamber of Commerce.
- Develop a harmonious relationship with The City of Morton and Lewis County.
- Stimulate cohesive membership growth.
- Nurture an area atmosphere of good commerce.
- Solicit desirable businesses for the area.
- Enhance the very real tourism possibilities for the region.
As a Morton Chamber of Commerce member, your business name is automatically circulated through publications, online and with promotions. We provide members with referrals as well as space for brochures and cards in our office. We offer the opportunity for networking at our monthly meetings and at Chamber events. For each business we strive to create a more profitable business environment.
Your business will be listed in our online Chamber Membership Directory.
Interested in joining the chamber? Stop in or call us to find out about all the ways we can help your business.
Annual Chamber Dues
1-4 employees - $55
5-9 employees - $90
10-15 employees - $110
16+ employees - $160
Associate Membership (non-business) - $25
Non-profit Groups: $50
The Chamber holds regular monthly meetings on the last Wednesday of each month at noon at the Cody Cafe. The board meetings are held on the 1st Wednesday of each month at 12:15 at Papa Bear’s Restaurant, 207 Main avenue, Morton, WA 98356
Orders for Hanging Baskets can be placed beginning February 1, 2016 for delivery on the Wednesday before Mother’s Day. Order forms available at local post offices, Security State Bank, the chamber office, the East County Journal and Umpqua Bank. Questions, call Cathy Kane at the chamber, (360) 496-6086 .
- The Morton Chamber of Commerce is the proud sponsor of the Morton Teen Center, where teenagers in 6th through 12th grade can come to hang out, do homework, use the internet, play games, and generally enjoy themselves.
- The Chamber’s annual summer flower basket program beautifies our downtown streets and serves as a source of pride.
- Annual Spring Cleanup Day beautifies Morton streets and businesses.
- Annual Community Picnic in July featuring food, music, games and door prizes.
- Sponsor of Morton’s Christmas in the Mountains Holiday Bazaar.
- Co-sponsor of Complimentary Pictures with Santa.
- Lights in the Park at Gust Backstrom City Park to benefit the Teen Center.
- For the town’s 1913-2013 centennial, banners were purchased and installed downtown.
- The holidays are celebrated each year by decorating Gust Backstrom Park in lights during the Christmas season.
2017 Community Cleanup Day
We’ll have the coffee on at 8 am in the Interpretive Center (194 Main right behind the Train Depot). Orientation begins at 8:30 am.
Hamburgers and hot dogs, provided by Hampton Lumber, will be served at noon. Side dishes are appreciated!
Community Service hours are available for students. Bring the whole family to help with spring cleanup day!
Rosemary Browning, President
Casey Peters, Secretary
Gerri Maize, Treasurer
2017 Board Members
Position 1: Mike Fairhart, 2018
Position 2: Ken Ulery, 2018
Position 3: Tom Herrin, 2018
Position 4: Brad Larson, 2018
Position 5: Diane Markham, 2018
Position 6: Tom Meade, 2018
Position 7: John Hannah, 2018
Position 8: Bill Shepherd, 2018
Postiion 9: John Abe, 2017
Year denotes when the terms expire. All terms expire at the end of December.
Shirlee Adamson, Interim Chamber Manager
Morton Visitor Information Center
194 Main Street
(P. O. Box 10)
Morton, WA 98356
Phone: (360) 496-6086
Chamber Office Hours
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 am to 2 pm.